What we do – our services
- Promote a culture of lifelong learning
- Create open spaces where people feel empowered to ask, experiment, play and fail
- Construct unique environments for social participation
- Provide pathways to real world opportunities
- Keep our enterprise social, because it should endeavour to benefit society
- Stand honest in our process and transparent in our decisions
- Listen to our champions and our critics in equal measure
- Stay relevant to our community, and to the communities we are operating within
- React positively to change so we can evolve to address new challenges
- Act always with passion and purpose
Our team has worked with
What we do – our projects
Rebel Makers is a network of peer-to-peer making clubs for everyone who is interested in technology – regardless of age or ability. At our monthly Clubs, Rebels get together to share existing knowledge and learn new skills in a fun, safe and collaborative environment. We also run Rebel Makers Camp – an annual celebration of digital making for everyone.
UKGovHack is an annual event bringing together technologists and public sector enthusiasts. It is a two day hackathon with a simultaneous conference stream for those wanting to gain more knowledge. The aim is to strengthen and diversify the civic tech community.
Accountability Hack is your chance to impact the democratic process through technology. It is a series of lunchtime discussions culminating in a two day hackathon for the UK Civic Tech community with workshops for those wanting to learn more. Now in it’s sixth year, the aim is to create applications using open government data to hold our elected to account.
“The process of working with Julia and her team has been really energising. It’s been really inspirational just looking at the number of apps developed, and the creativity which has gone into them. It has been a great experience for us.”Johanna Hutchinson
“A massive thank you to the amazing Rebel Labs team. You guys are brilliant at this stuff and really raised the bar on last year – what a professional, polished event and so much fun. Thank you all for not only delivering over and above but putting all your passion into it and really exceeding our expectations. ”Tracy Green